Roasted Red Pepper

I'm sure there are people other than me who have wanted to take a drug, in this case a vitamin, that will facilitate better HDL/LDL and maybe help with the diabetes.

This particular vitamin, it is rumored, can also help if you are stark staring mad; but I am not convinced I have that problem at the moment, I just want to help my diabetes, and maybe my heart.

I speak of course about Niacin, or B3, which is in my B-Complex anyway.  I just wanted to try a little more of it.

I was watching a YOUTUBE by Dr.  Andrew Saul who has a number of instructive videos about vitamins, and was impressed with Niacin for its potential benefit for my diabetes, the HDL/LDL stuff would simply be gravy.

There are several kinds of Niacin, and the big difference is between the FLUSH and NO FLUSH kinds.   The FLUSH kind is cheaper and more effective, but the FLUSH is difficult to tolerate.

I purchased some the other day and brought it home from the store and had my first pill.   Within the hour I had a flush, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be - I then had a second pill the same day and that flush was difficult to deal with.

A bad flush is much like a bad sunburn with many of the same sensations.  Did I say a bad sunburn?

I meant very bad sunburn.

I turned bright red all over my body,  much like one of the red peppers I had purchased for my wife the other day, although I felt more like a roasted red pepper because I felt hot, as well as in pain.

And then it gradually went away within, say, an hour an a half.

According to Dr. Saul, who is not a medical doctor although he obviously has some medical background,  the flush will go away in a couple of weeks if you just keep at it.

The advice is to take the Niacin with food, which I did today, and I barely had a flush at all.  Almost no redness and no pain.

How nice.     And it's not a couple of weeks yet.

I'm only taking a 500 mg capsule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid