My Brain Seems to Function Pretty Well

Getting older (I'm 72), I expected some memory degradation and some function deterioration, but I seem OK.

I don't remember details, but I do remember some details.  Better than my wife and she's younger than I am.

I don't know which supplements seem to have helped my brain, although I can say that the reintroduction of saturated fat into my diet has helped.  

I seem less frail.

That also introduced more fat soluble vitamins. 

The combination of CoQ10 and B2 was helpful, according to my ophthalmologist, my optic nerve is over sized (and oddly, the back of my eyes do not look like I have had diabetes for a couple of decades). 

That supplement combination helps grow nerves.

Although I'm off the Esselstyn diet, I still try to avoid meat, vegetable oils and I don't eat a lot of nuts.  I do eat eggs (pastured), although not many, and a few other things that are bad for me such as chicken salad, but I limit them.

I still have my vegetable soup with some handfuls of spinach in it every day. 

I've been playing with vitamin D, as in trying to average around 30,000 IU a day.  Some days I take more, some less.  

I'm working out the kinks.

At really high levels, co factors need to be added and that could be more expensive than I'd like to pay for.

The vitamin D in excess seems to help.  I have to get it measured since too much vitamin D causes problems, but I think the red line is variable and over 150 ng in the blood stream.   

My doctor's upper limit is 80ng.

Hard to guess at something you don't know.

And then there's THIS GUY, well, he has interesting things to say.  I listened to a video on You Tube and I saw that the red line is a lot higher than my doctor thinks.

I think the primary interest of a doctor is to not do anything that would trigger a lawsuit. For this reason they will be conservative. 

Maybe they're just conservative.  

I'm not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid