Soup du Jour

There are really two parts (when I'm not traveling) to my diet; one is breakfast and the other is the Soup of the Day.

And the Soup is the important part.

We must begin by asking ourselves, how does one survive being a vegetarian or vegan among all those meat eaters keeling over from heart attacks, when vegans too can keel over.

According to a Vegan Extraordinaire, Dr Gregor in one of his You Tube presentations, one must get some omega-3s, vitamin D and B-12.

That's all it takes because everything else is readily available in the plant world and can easily be put into a soup.

Let me describe my soup and you can make some yourself.

I start with a small sauce pan and add a couple of cups of vegetable broth as available at Whole Foods because it looks to be relatively undoctored.

I have a little bowl full of salt and a one gram scooper, I put in two scoops, but I love salt and it doesn't affect my blood pressure.

Decide how much salt you want.

I use all frozen foods:  Blue Curled Kale (about the size of my fist); carrots and peas, a small handful; frozen mushrooms, some frozen mixed peppers.

I put some canned beans in a jar, and take a couple of spoonfuls out for the soup.  I save the jar for later (in the fridge).

I let that come to a boil and then add a handful of mixed Ziti (also organic).

Then I add chopped up pieces of a sweet potato that I found at Whole Foods that looks like a dirty Yukon Gold potato; I peel it and chop it up and dump the pieces into the soup.


I cook this mess for about 12-15 more minutes and make sure the Ziti and sweet potato are done.

I also add some tomato paste, and some "crushed tomatoes" from a jar.

Add a splash of apple cider vinegar, a scoop of Nutritional Yeast (mine contains B12 and a raft of B Vitamins), about a gram of kelp powder (it tastes horrible, so I only use a little bit, but it has a great mineral profile), some pea protein isolate and some turmeric and a bit of chili powder.

I always make too much so I put some in a bowl and put the rest in a plastic box and put it in the fridge.

Lunch or Dinner?  Generally, it's been both.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid