Breaking a Diet and Putting it Back Together

Now that I've eaten so many of the wrong things, and spent money on an air fryer with associated accoutrements, changing my diet will involve wasting sunk costs.  I say this because I've noticed a few problems with the additions I've made to my diet.  And one bright spot.

I've been eating fish, first canned fish and next fresh salmon.  If I eat it at night it raises my blood sugar the next day to 125.   And it goes up more after.

Meat appears to put a high floor under my blood sugars, and then spikes it too.

I have some chicken I'll have for lunch tomorrow, but I think I'm ending my meat binge for a good long time.

I just have to figure out how to use the air fryer on other things than meat.

The bright spot is Bulletproof MCT oil which is very beneficial but, if eaten with or soon after the wrong foods, can cause an upset stomach.

The good part is that my muscles feel stronger, much stronger, when I walk.  I walk further and feel better, more resilient and feel better recovery.  

For so long on my vegan diet, or almost vegan diet, I felt that I was missing something.  This is it. 

The only bad part is if I eat it after something sweet such as a smoothie or some breakfast cereal with oat milk or something, it gives me the worst upset, sour stomach.

I haven't figured out how much to ingest or how regularly, but that will come with time.  I like this stuff.

 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid