The Vagaries of NOT Eating Sugar

Once upon a time I loved sweets, but to be safe I settled for crackers with blackberry preserves.  It was good. 

Then it struck me that sweet fruity things were slowly damaging my liver and I had to figure out how to stop doing it. 

I found a sweetener made of glucose, which the body knows how to deal with. When I need a fix, I just have a spoonful of that. 

I also found that large starchy meals tend to set me up for needing sugars, which is doubly problematic because starch makes me break out in hives.   So do any sugars.

So I am trying to reduce the amount of starch I eat, which is a problem because my diet was mostly starch, 

So this morning I did not have the steel cut oats, vegetables and egg.  I had two soft boiled eggs and a tin of Atlantic Mackerel. 

Canned fish really tastes horrible, but it's just the right amount of protein and is filling.  Mackerel tastes better than canned sardines, which, depending on how they're fixed, generally are bad to worse, 

So many omega threes, tasting so bad. 

I was able to have a bowl of vegetable soup and since I had not had large amounts of starch, it actually left me satisfied.

So I need to drop the glucose syrup eventually because that too leaves me with hives.  

I end up eating eggs, fish and vegetable soup or vegetables.  I have kept the restrictions on most oils, especially seed oils.  

I wouldn't say I have a balanced diet.   Or anything that resembles any heart healthy diet that I know of.

The Esselstyn diet gave me great numbers on my lipid panels.   Too bad I'm eating other stuff that's completely out in left field.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid