Vitamin D & Blood Tests That Relate

My calcium and magnesium were tested on a blood draw from March 17th, and booth were well in the normal range.  The calcium was 9.4 mg/dL and magnesium was 5.1 which is normal. 

My vitamin D level last November was 78.5 ng/dL, my new value is 135 ng/dL.

The reason I bring this up is that with high doses of vitamin D (I'm doing 40,000 IU per day), the two biggest problems are a deficiency of magnesium, which people can have anyway, and calcium rising and causing problems such as kidney stones.

Or worse.  

I got this information from Jeff Bowles, who has some interesting reading material on the subject of vitamin D, and its co-factors.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid