The Green Goo

I've been straying from my standard breakfast, and I'm afraid that my blood sugars are up and I've gained weight.  Now it is time to get serious and begin, once again, the consumption of what used to be my normal breakfast, or a large part of it, the infamous green goo.

Sounds appetizing, doesn't it?

Let me say that I strayed so far as to actually get a pound of hamburger, although it was grass fed, and I ate eggs and smothered the whole thing in not the best cheese in the world.

But I should describe the goo, although it has gone by other names, such as green gunk, or just plain gunk.

My wife won't touch the stuff.

Basically, I put some water (either reverse osmosis or ionized) on the stove and let it heat up while I get the jar with the pea protein, the Spirulina and a bag of powdered L-lysine out of the pantry.

If these could be measured, I will attempt an approximation, the amounts would be several heaping tea spoonfuls of pea protein, a heaping teaspoonful of lysine and maybe half a teaspoonful of Spirulina.

I mix them well and then add some Turmeric to taste and a dash of ConcenTrace which is a concocted extraction from the Great Salt Lake, or the Salten Sea -  although since it's manufactured in Utah, it's probably the Great Salt Lake.

Add some salt and perhaps some olive oil or butter to provide fat to aid in the digestion of K2.  Usually I add just a bit of tomato paste (in one of those toothpaste tubes).

I'm gagging on some now.

So my guess is that this is nutritious because it's not just protein, it's also minerals and Spirulina, my favorite pond scum which has lots of beta- carotene.

The minerals come from the ConcenTrace Mineral Drops and the Spirulina, which is discussed as a "Super  Food" among health fanatics.

At the moment I'm trying to reduce my fat intake, at least for a few days and after that I'll see about continuing to eat the goo.

I've had cups of Goo that I've actually liked and that tasted good.  It's all a matter of getting the amounts right, and adding a little salt.

Just remember, if you don't eat right, have some Green Goo, it will put hair on your chest.  Although this may or may not be appealing, depending on various aesthetic parameters relevant to your appearance. 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid