Mixing Diets and Does it Lead to Indigestion?

Something over a year ago, I engaged in a vegetarian diet akin to the McDougal Diet, which is a starch based vegetarian (more or less) diet. 

When I was doing this, out of frustration from my GERD, I noticed that after about three days I could feel the difference, or felt that I could feel the difference in the amount of fat in my blood stream.

Considering that the world is replete in delusional thinking, I should add that I had not had a bite of anything fat for three days, and I felt different.  

This was the first step in my losing a great deal of weight, and I think that if I had a redux, I would know how to do the diet better the second time.  For example, I already understand which amino acids are missing from certain foods and how to get them into me without gaging too much.

And I also understand the need for a probiotic assist before the flatulence gets overwhelming.

And for that very reason, perhaps I should break the diet off after a certain length of time.  And consume fats, which bacteria cannot turn into gaseous masses.

I believe, although I could be wrong, that the vast quantities of bad bacteria in my colon have shrunk, not just because I've been consuming proteins and fats for a very long interval, but because I had to give my colon a wash for my colonoscopy a few days ago, and all the solid matter that would have held that flatulence producing stuff had been washed out of me.

So it's time to consider working out a diet that can be vegetarian, where I can lose weight and lose my insulin resistance, and then switch back to a more normal diet to deal with the imbalances that will sprout up because of all the starch and the starch breakdown products.

We will have to see how this goes, and I will keep you posted.   Let's hope I don't simply end up with indigestion.


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid