After Fish Oil my Omega Fatty Acids are Still a Problem

At the end of October I had my annual physical exam blood tests and they included a check of my omega fatty acids.

For at least several weeks, I had been taking fish oil capsules left over from the good old days of eating meat.  More than a handful of months.

My primary doctor's note on the test that I scanned and sent to my cardiologist indicated that the change between this test and the one a month before was insignificant.

Nothing quite like having a failed strategy concerning something that could kill me (at least according to Dr Gregger, a You Tube Doctor and Vegan extraordinaire).

The bottle of fish oil I was using was purchased at my Pharmacy at least a year prior and was just past it's TRASH day.

Silly me.

I've switched to Carlson's which is a quality fish oil of wild caught salmon.

I also started imbibing Carlson's cod liver oil, which, in the amounts that I take has a higher level of compatible omegas than fish oil. 

So at some point in a month or three, I will be retested and find out if I can or cannot digest fish oil. 

I feel different, so I suspect that this time, I'm doing something right.

Phil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid