It all Comes Down to Fats

My new doctor, a young woman in her late 40's explained to me that having a plant based diet made up of everything but fat leaves very little for my myelin sheaths to playfully reconstruct themselves as they so wish.  I think she used other words.

Not entirely sure what she recommended after she explained that, but I had started eating eggs at that point because I knew I needed something.  She later recommended small amounts of butter from pasture raised cows. 

Butter is delicious, but was one of the things I stopped eating because I wanted to clear my coronary arteries.   Like so many pleasures of my youth, I thought my days with butter were over.

To someone on the Esselstyn diet this is a bit like telling a chaste gentleman that he must participate in wild erotic sex with a beautiful woman at least once a day.  For his health.

I'm 71 years old right now; I will have to settle for butter.

My hives are slowly not as bad as they were, and I am wondering if it is the change in fat in my diet.  Eggs and butter, a new miracle cure.

I am going to minimize meat, as it causes my blood sugars to spike, but I will eat butter and drink MCT oil. 

Sadly, at my age I have to stick to butter.

 Phil


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid