Vagaries of Vertigo

 I've had the most unpleasant time over the last couple of weeks, since I developed vertigo and had to start watching what I was eating because the wrong food would cause me to repeatedly vomit when I had vertigo.

The thing is, repeated vomiting results in stomach upset which, along with vertigo, leads to more vomiting. 

I think the vertigo started with an ear infection, which damaged my inner ear of the left side.  I don't hear as well out of that ear anymore.

So I've been through almost half a dozen episodes and finally I went to the doctor and she gave me a description of the Epley Maneuver, a series of positions and movements one takes on a bed to reposition the little calcium crystals in the inner ear so that they work properly.

I'm sure I did it wrong.  Oddly, it worked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid