Still Trying to Figure Out the Right Diet?

My cardiologist is breathing down my neck and I'm sure will want to put me on a Statin, which is not an option for me.

So I was cutting down on the amount of fat I was eating, primarily because I have an inflamed spot just below my esophagus, and it makes evening difficult if I've eaten anything "wrong", which means anything that will keep me up with a sensation like a finger sticking up my esophagus.  

I had my blood draw at the end of August, I see my doctor, and the results on September 7th, and I video with my cardiologist on the 15th.  Yuck.

I don't think my scores are great, but I have a better handle on things than I used to. At least I know the basic things to stay away from, I do need some saturated fat for the reason that I start to have real problems without it.  

I find this interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQrIi-RkuU

Dr. Sten Ekberg talks about the standard medical text (Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology) which he found fascinating because it gave him information he wanted to understand.  He discusses how our bodies handle carbohydrates, fat and insulin, and talks about how major institutions ignore this in the diets they prescribe to everyone.  We get fatter as a result. 

Something to remind me that high-carbohydrate is not the only thing to eat.  I'm working on more protein, moderate butter fat and trying not to spike my carbohydrate by eating my favorite food: pasta.

PS it's pea protein because I think animal protein has issues (T. Colin Campbell).

Let's face it, I cannot eat Dr Sten's diet; my stomach and intestines are simply too messed up.

I think my numbers at this last blood draw will be slightly better as far as my lipids are concerned because I stopped eating a lot of fat.    I think my HbA1C will be worse because I've been eating protein almost daily, which helps me sleep (this was a problem of mine), but my blood sugars were running 135-145 in the AM.

Instead of 95. 

Well, I'm 72, dickering with the odds and ends that alter blood results, and knowing I'm close to the bottom of the deck of cards I've got to deal with.

What could go wrong?



 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid