Vitamin D3 and K2

I have, over the past decade or so, had difficulty getting a good night's sleep. I felt that I was missing something, but didn't have any idea as to what it could be. Then I read a letter from a doctor to his patients.

At first I was afraid to go all the way to 30,000 IU of vitamin D, then I get braver and I was doing 50,000. I didn't turn into a frog.

I listened to a video by Jeff Bowles, who discusssed vitamin D co-factors. One of which is vitamin K2.

Vitamin K2 is important in calcium regulation. If calcium is not going to the right places, vitamin K2 will help get it there.

Perhaps the most serious high dose vitamin D side effect is a rising blood calcium level, which can result in unfortuanate side effects such as nausea, kidney stones and death.

So along with 40,0000 IU of vitamin D3, I'm taking 550mcg of Vitamins K and K2: vitamin k1 phytonadione 100mcg, vitamin k2 menatetrenone 400mcg, vitamin k2 menaquinone 50mcg.

I split the D3 into two doses of 20,000 each and take one in the AM and one just before bed. I put the K2 in with my regular packet of vitamins.

I've been sleeping like a baby, and my dry mouth has gone away.

Who knows, maybe my atherosclerosis will get better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C and MSM in Copious Quantity

Just a bit of Medical History

The Peculiarities of Uric Acid